NHS Digital- Paralegal role
Leeds city centre- Full time- £11.20 ph- Mixture of home and office working
This is an on going temporary contract until march 2022 with review for extension.
NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. Our team of 2,700 information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend, working in partnership with both national and local organisations. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to provide better health and care.
This role will be responsible for supporting on the provision of the legal advice, drafting and assurance to meet the requirements of NHS Digital.
Subject to supervision by a qualified solicitor, the post holder will be providing legal support and assistance for issues as part of the Legal Team within the Commercial Department. The post holder will support on the provision of: procurement law; administrative and public law; intellectual property; commercial law, ICT and telecommunications; estate and employment law; information governance law and disputes.
The post holder shall support the NHS Digital legal team in building and maintaining effective working relationships within the team and with stakeholders to ensure the delivery of a seamless and client focused service.
The post holder shall undertake such training and development as the Training Principle requires which shall include mandatory NHS training on systems and policy.
The post holder may be required to meet enhanced security levels for some matters.
- Higher national certificate/foundation degree/higher national diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must not be barred from legal practice.
- Candidates who are currently studying or recently finished their LPC welcome.
- Awareness and some knowledge of commercial law as per degree options.
- Some understanding of business, commercial and legal matters.
- Excellent verbal communication capabilities including presentation capabilities.
- Able to support on the drafting of documents which are legally effective and accurately reflect instructions.
- Is able to communicate with wider teams appropriately and mindful of confidentiality of legal work with other people.
- Excellent written skills. High standard of grammar and understanding of impact of syntax on interpretation.
- Advanced Microsoft Word. Intermediate Excel / PowerPoint / Teams skills.
Leadership and Organisation:
- Plans, manages and progresses legal cases and transactions.
- Able to manage themselves and their own work.
- Works ethically, and with professionalism, and exercises judgement in their tasks.
- Excellent team working skills; is able to work flexibly and as part of a multidisciplinary teams of lawyers and non-lawyers to achieve outcomes.
If this sounds like you please apply now!!