Payroll Assistant (Full Time) Edinburgh
My client is looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant to join their payroll department of 9 staff. My client is a top 20 Accountancy firm in Scotland with a great team that is all about support and positivity. This opportunity is great for someone who is looking to progress their career or join a well-regarded accountancy firm in the Edinburgh office.
As a payroll assistant you would make sure that clients` employees are paid on the right date and receive the correct amount of money. Candidates will be experienced in payroll in another accountancy firms and should be confident to work independently using your initiative and work well in a positive team.
Practise experience is preferred. However, experience will be considered.
Your work would usually include:
- checking working hours of employees
- calculating and issuing pay by cash, cheque or electronic transfer
- calculating and deducting tax and national insurance payments
- processing holiday, sick pay, maternity pay and expenses
- calculating overtime, shift payments and pay increases
- answering staff queries about time sheets or pay slips
- issuing P45s and other forms
- Making sure work RTI compliant
- Other basic admin duties
All we look for is for someone to bring a great attitude, be a team player, great numerical skills, good spoken and written skills, experience in cloud software.
You will have an understanding legislation and rules in areas such as tax payment and exemption. Also, you will use your expertise to advise on which form need to be used in different situations etc.
Please apply with an updated CV if you are interested.