Trainer/Practitioner - Community
We are working with a private organisation who provide community health and social care for children, young people and at times adults, with complex health needs, whilst living in their own homes across the Northwest of England.
This organisation are a preferred provider of the NHS, CCGs and Social Care Services and are commissioned by the local NHS teams. This new role is to provide specialist paediatric nursing and training to carer's/family members in the Merseyside area.
Its a home based role, but of course you will also spend lots of time within service user's homes in the Merseyside Region, training and assessing support workers, catching up with parents, families etc and of course reviewing care plans and any nursing needs required.
The role will work closely with the management team, so there will be a need to keep in touch and attend the main office at times too.
- Qualified Children Nurse
- Experience of supporting children with long term ventilation needs
- Experience of supporting children and training workers with Tracheotomy tubes
- An understanding of complex health needs and how these affect children and their families
- Experience of teaching/mentoring of clinical skills and assessing competences
- Assessment, care planning experience
- Ideally ICU experience whether as a "main" role previously or experience of working in at times.
- This role is salaried at £32,066 (40 hours per week) or can be part time £20 hours per week (21,375)
- Hours are mainly 9-5 Monday to Friday
- Flexible working
- Company pension
- Real, consistent management support
- Be directly involved in shaping the company policies and service development
- NMC Re validation support