Job Role; Practice Educator
Salary; £32,000 per annum
Contract type; Permanent
Other expectations: Occasional travel to different projects required
An Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. This includes applications from those with personal experience of homelessness or other forms of social exclusion.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Registered Social Worker to join our team to manage our Student Placement programme. The right candidate must have a good understanding of safeguarding.
The key responsibilities for this role are;
Delivery of a social work student placement programme
Quality assures social work student placement opportunities and work alongside practice supervisors to adopt a team approach to the students learning
Provide support and coaching to new practice supervisors
Develop partnerships with universities and coordinate referral and selection processes
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have at least two years post qualifying experience practising as a Social Worker. We are looking for candidates who will have experience providing supervision, either in a management capacity or as a Practice Educator.
It will be important for the candidates to share our values and vision.
Benefits for you:
Employee Assistance Programme
Staff Award Scheme
Cash Health Care Plan
Monthly training courses available to all staff from experienced facilitators
25 days annual leave
20% discount into a company shops
We have a supportive culture, providing regular supervision and line management alongside externally facilitated reflective practice which enables staff to look after their own health and well-being whilst giving their best in their roles.
Please see below more detail.
* Social Work qualification and registration with Social Work Essential
* Practice Educator Professional Standards (PEPS) 1 Essential
* Practice Educator Professional Standards (PEPS) 2 Desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (All essential for a successful candidate)
* A very good understanding of safeguarding and experience of working with child protection issues
* Professional knowledge and awareness of the Social Work Professional Capability Framework (PCF) and the Social Work England Professional Standards * Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills, and ability to prioritise tasks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to use word and excel to produce reports carry out correspondence and keep accurate records
* Ability to support and develop the learning of individual students using a range of strategies
* The ability to travel effectively to various locations in the South - West at short notice Experience (both essential for a successful candidate)
* Substantial post-qualifying social work experience * Experience of providing supervision, either in a management capacity or as a Practice Educator
Apply now or call us on 0117 948 6300