To support the Automotive Underwriting Manager in delivering the objectives of the Automotive line of business on behalf of the UK Underwriting department.
The deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Safe-guarding the profitability of the UK BU by ensuring robust pricing procedures are followed,
- Ensuring underwriting terms are aligned with AP Underwriting standards,
- Providing technical expertise to build and develop Technical Pricing models based on high quality analysis of internal and external data.
- Ensuring that high quality and detailed analysis is prepared for scheme performance and portfolio monitoring reviews,
- Ensuring clear and robust process in place for the Audit trail on quote request / pricing assumptions / approvals,
- Working with the wider business to ensure data quality is maintained at a level suitable for key pricing assumptions and performance reviews to be reliable,
- Keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and/or legislative developments applicable to the Automotive line of business and the wider Ap business,
- Keep up to date with new pricing / reserving / analytical / visualisation methods.
The role will also work closely with the Sales, Operations, and Finance Departments. The role will also work closely with the Product and Policy Wording Manager, a Product Analyst and the Commercial Reporting team.
- Fulfilment of pricing as required by the Business in accordance with the Company's underwriting guidelines.
- To maintain accurate records of all quotations provided including any proof of authorisation and any changes made to the final quotation from the original price proposal.
- To monitor on a regular basis the ongoing performance of business and to provide reports to the Finance department and Sales Team as required.
- To ensure accurate and timely new business and renewal quotations in conjunction with the appropriate Business Development Manager.
- To provide presentations to the internal Risk Committee for all Automotive line of business.
- To propose improvements in products to enhance profitability, policy wording and tax structures.
- To have knowledge of the practical application of any regulatory and/or legislative issues applicable to the Automotive line of business.
- To contribute on any development of new products or line of products.
- To support the business development teams as and when required which may also include attending client meetings.
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
(A flexible approach will be required at times in order to meet Client or Internal Deadlines).
- To manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by the UK Underwriting Manager.
- Complete all appropriate administration required.
- Occasionally deputise for Automotive Underwriting Manager when asked.
- Support internal and external customers to meet stated aims of the UK BU.
- Contribute towards problem solving, planning, budgeting, reporting and communications with all stakeholders.
- Education: Strong Mathematical / Analytical / Science based Degree
- Computer literate particularly: Excel - Advanced including compound formulas, complex Functions & VBA, Word - Intermediate including formal memos, letters & reports, PowerPoint - Intermediate including graphics, composition and presentation.
- Previous Technical Pricing experience building/maintaining pricing models and supporting data (preferably gained within an insurance or finance environment).
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with SAS or R would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Numerate and analytical.
- The ability to recognise and deliver excellent customer service.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage tasks effectively to ensure compliance with quotation deadlines.
Aptitude & Personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, quick thinking, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Responsible and confident approach to work duties
- Self/team motivator
- Quality focused
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to make quick/sound decisions
- Problem solving
- Ability to prioritise workload/tasks
- Listen to other people's ideas and point of view
Strong eye for detail