LOCATION - BURY
We are recruiting Support Workers to cover ongoing and ad hoc shifts within support services for homeless adults. You will be experienced in supporting clients with a range of issues including housing, debt, family breakdown, mental health, substance misuse and offending behaviours.
Work is available on a flexible basis, both days and nights.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Regular Patrol of the building - interacting with both staff and residents.
- Being a positive role model and promoting independent living with the residents.
- Working as part of a team and dealing with hostile situations which may occur.
- Supporting with life skills
The ideal candidate will...
- Have experience working within a mental health sector and substance misuse.
- Be a good listener and clear communication skills when interacting with the residents.
- Be firm but fair - you will be in situations where you will be dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Flexibility to increase or decrease your availability on a week by week basis.
- Competitive hourly pay rate of £9.50 per hour.
- Holiday pay.
- Pension scheme.
- Ongoing support from your dedicated consultant.
For further information please call Sabrina on 0161 503 2211