£11-13 per hour + induction + holiday + pension contribution
Brook Street Social Care are currently working with a supported living service which specialises in providing accommodation and support to young people aged 16-24 experiencing homelessness.
The service is a 37 bedded accommodation. The needs of the residents vary, from mental health, learning disabilities, anti-social behaviours and more. They are seeking candidates who have experience supporting residents with challenging behaviour.
We are seeking candidates who have the following skills:
- Working with children and young people who can present challenging behaviours
- Understanding the needs of young people who have underlined issues around mental health, learning disabilities, and other factors that require additional support
- Producing accurate records of observations and assessments of the children, and being able to liaise with multi agencies where necessary
Your responsibilities will include...
- Regular Patrol of the building - interacting with both staff and residents.
- Monitoring CCTV footage
- Being a positive role model and promoting independent living with the residents.
- Working as part of a team and dealing with hostile situations which may occur.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 3 (Children and young people workforce)
- Minimum of 1 year's experience working with Children and young people in residential or supported living services.
For further information please call Sachea on 07483919095.