* * * * * REGISTERED CHILDREN`S MANAGER * * * * *
LOCATION: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
SALARY: £34,000 - £38,000
HOURS: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm + Weekends flexible
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH PHYSICAL/LEARNING DISABILITIES
EXCELLENT HOLIDAYS & BENEFITS including company pension plan, employee reward scheme, sick pay, free parking, ongoing training & development
Do you have residential experience in a Management role within the Children`s sector?
BS Social Care is a national organisation, specialising in the recruitment of professionals within the Health and Social Care sector. We are currently working alongside a specialist provider of Care, in particular Learning/Physical Disability services in their recruitment of an experienced Registered Children`s Manager.
You will join a highly reputable Health and Social Care provider who have gained significant reward and recognition from external organisations such as OFSTED for the level of care they deliver. They deliver independent care and support for children and young adults with learning and physical disabilities, challenging behaviour and autism. Within this residential service the children are aged between 7-18 years.
Within the role of Registered Manager you will effectively oversee all aspects of the operational day to day management of the service. You will strive to deliver outstanding care and support for the young people in your care and their families. You will provide effective direction, guidance, support and leadership to your staff team and will deliver a service which is in line with both company and OFSTED guidelines.
On a personal level, you will be able to demonstrate managerial skills and be able to effectively lead by example. You will support your staff team on a daily basis to ensure they are comprehensively trained and debriefed effectively in the management of challenging behaviour.
We believe that children and young people should be recognised, respected, consulted with and given choice. We feel that this is best achieved in a warm stimulating home from home environment which delivers a high quality bespoke package of personalised care that will ensure that children/young people are helped and protected and are provided with opportunities that will enable them to thrive and reach their maximise potential in life.
The successful candidate will have:
Recognised NVQ level 4/5 in Care or Management with children
Minimum 2 years` experience in a similar Managerial role working with children & young adults with learning/physical disabilities
1. Responsible for the day to day operational management of a children`s home
2. To guarantee that the children`s home is compliant with all relevant statutory regulations, frameworks and guidance.
3. Provide adequate leadership to the staff team, act as a positive role model, communicate effectively and by listening and recognising different perspectives
4. Support the Head of Residential Services in the strategic development of Children and Young People`s Residential Services
5. Take responsibility for the implementation of the Quality Standards Children`s Home Regulations to ensure they are translated into day-to-day practice and provide evidence to support this for the Head of Service to satisfy Ofsted and strategic directives.
If successful, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, as well as other competitive benefits such as: funded training and development opportunities, regular bonus rewards and reviews, and a generous annual leave allowance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then applications can be made direct via the BS Social Care website or sending an up to date CV