Salary: £30,462 pa rising to £31,499 pa upon completing probationary period
Start date: ASAP
I am recruiting for a Care Manager in Bristol for one on the largest learning disabilities charities in the UK. This is amazing opportunity to manage a friendly, supportive, creative and diverse team near Bristol City Centre, you`ll have the confidence of an amazing support network of a national organisation behind you.
About the role
You`ll be managing a team of 11 staff, to support 16 lovely and unique individuals who have learning disabilities. The people your team will be supporting love nothing more than getting involved in the home, with activities and when things open up in the community.
As a registered manager, you will be responsible for leading the service, inspiring your team and putting the tools in place to ensure your services are safe, caring and well led.
You`ll be given significant accountability and opportunity, but with knowledge that if you need to reach out for support it with be there right away.
You`ll be managing the team, you`ll need to keep abreast of legislation changes, compliance and the finances of your home, with accountability and support of your Regional Manager.
You`ll be working in partnership with others agencies, management peers, clients families and local authorities. You`ll be negotiating the best possible support contracts and have the scope to innovate, network and make the most of collaborative opportunities.
This is an amazing role for you, but you`ll need to have..
- A Level 5 in Health and Social Care. If not, you will need to be able to achieve this, within your first 12 months.
- You`ll also need experience of working with adults with learning disabilities,
- Experience of supervising and managing a team, this doesn`t need to be a registered level.
- A full, current UK/EU driving licence is also essential.
- You`ll need to be able to demonstrate you understand your legal responsibilities and know what to do to ensure a service is compliant.
What`s on offer
The career development opportunities are excellent. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation you`ll have the commitment of an organisation who invest in their team.
- Discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development.
- Annual staff award scheme .
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (prorata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme, private health and life assurance
- Apprenticeships - gain a fully funded Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning
- On site car parking
- Free DBS Check
If this job sounds of interest to you then just get in touch with me, Gaby, either by email or call me on 0117 9486300.