Up to £38,000
We are working with a family run Care Agency supporting private and Local Authority funded clients throughout Bath and NE Somerset.
In January 2020, they became registered as a care agency because they wanted to make the same kind of personalised, team-based support available to everyone who values consistency and familiarity in the way their support is delivered.
About the Registered Manager Position:
As Registered Manager, you will be the lead professional within the organisation and you will have responsibility for supporting the development of staff in their careers in care. You will ensure that they deliver a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led service.
To maintain a high-quality service working in partnership with colleagues to manage services.
To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and the Care Quality Commission guidance 'Essential Standards of Quality & Safety'.
To ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual service user through assessment, person centred planning and regular outcome focused reviews of services.
- To ensure compliance with Care, Development & Training and Supervision Policies.
- To ensure the delivery of person-centred care/support services that promote independence, choice, and dignity to empower people to live as independently as possible.
- To ensure care/support services are structured in a way that provides flexibility, reliability, and continuity.
- To ensure services are accessible.
- To ensure the development of robust systems and procedures.
- To ensure the service is appropriately resourced with the right number of suitably qualified, skilled and experienced staff.
- To ensure that all new referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with contractual and organisational timescales.
- To oversee the co-ordination of care workers across all areas.
- To deliver services that ensure the Organisation's duty of care to the service user and staff providing the service.
- To ensure good communication and links with all stakeholders with regard to the provision of services including commissioners, service users, relatives, social work teams etc.
- To ensure the office is resourced during office hours and ensure the provision of an effective out of hours on-call service.
- In partnership with the senior management team participate in the strategic development of the organisation and assist with the identification and development of strategies for the planning and delivery of quality, innovative domiciliary services.
- To grow and develop services through increasing delivered hours and maximising referral opportunities
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply today!