We are working with a valued client who are currently recruiting for a Registered Manager, to work over their 2 services in Cinderford and Newnham-On-Severn.
The services provide support to 5 clients in one home and 4 in the other. The homes are located within a close proximity, roughly 5 miles apart.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Promote an environment where all the people in care are shown respect and are valued as individuals by themselves and all staff on duty with them.
- To ensure the environment within the service offers sufficient stimulation and guidance of leisure pursuits, together with an opportunity for personal, social and intellectual development.
- Be `on call` and to respond to requests for advice, support and guidance as appropriate.
- Be responsible for appointment and development of staff in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager. You will be involved in recruitment, appointment and deployment of staff.
- Ensure effective, supervision and assessment of staff is carried out and that training needs are identified and met, in conjunction with the Training Department.
- To arrange adequate shift cover at all times. Should there be no staff available then the Registered Manager must make themselves available to cover staff shortfalls.
- This list is not exhaustive further information can be provided on request
What we are looking for in a Registered Manager
- 2/3 years experience within a similar environment.
- Experience of managing a care environment, dealing with adults with learning difficulties, challenging behaviours and mental health concerns.
- NVQ Level 4 or Health and Social Care Diploma level 5.
- Positive outgoing personality that engenders trust and support.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, or are looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please apply today!