Residential Support Worker
Permanent - Full Time
Up to £11 p/h
We are working with a Swansea based client who are currently looking for Senior Residential Support Worker for their Childrens service. The Children that reside in the service often display challenging behaviours triggered by their past trauma and backgrounds.
This is a full time role working 39 hours a week, working both days and nights. There will also be a requirement to work sleep in`s which are paid at £45.
You will be required to carry out tasks which help maintain the smooth running of the home such as checking petty cash, medication, young persons house meetings, ensure the cleanliness of the home is to a good standard, health and safety checks are being completed, mentor staff and cover any shifts needed for that week.
You will consult with, and involve children and young people in making decisions about themselves and the development of the service. Complete questionnaires with young people to gain feedback on the support they receive. Act as an advocate for children and young people, to support them to express their views and promote their rights. Support children and young people`s social, emotional and cognitive development and help build their self-esteem and resilience.
You will be required to attend all training, online and face to face as required, follow the companies Care policies and procedures and keep up to date with relevant legislation and practice.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of providing support to children and young people within a residential setting.
- Knowledge of current childcare legislation
- Ability to prioritise, work on own initiative and be part of a team and contribute to ensuring the team achieving their objectives.
- An understanding of child development and attachment theories.
- A Full UK Driving License
- QCF Level 3 Health and Social Care Children and Young People or equivalent. (desirable)
- Ability to take part in on-call rota
If you would like to take the next step in your career, or if you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please apply today!