A well-established Residential Children's Services are recruiting for Support Workers for their 2 and 3 bedded home based in Stoke-on-Trent. You will be supporting children & young people between the ages of 8 - 18 year olds who have either come from trauma (abuse and neglect) or they have ADHD, Autism with behaviours such as attachment disorder, self harm, EBD and challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- This is a professional parental role offering therapeutic / emotional support
- Work together in a team to help get them up in the mornings, to putting them to bed at night
- Get involved in preparing & helping them with meals (breakfast, dinner and lunch)
- Get stuck in with their daily 121 / group activities - bowling, going for a walk, education activities
- No personal care
- Must have life, paid, personal or voluntary experience in care (any setting / sector)
- Must be 21 years old or over
- To get the higher end of the salary, you MUST have a qualification to work in a children's residential care home. We accept the following qualifications: Diploma / NVQ / QCF level 3 in:
* Children & Young People`s Workforce
* Health & Social Care in Children
* Health & Social Care in Social Care Pathway
* Caring for children & young people
* Residential childcare
Contract / Terms:
- Salary is £16286 - £17,730 plus £34 per sleep in.
- You will work 5 shifts one week and two the next, so easy to plan around your life!
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Full support throughout your employment
- Chance to complete a Level 3 childcare qualifications and level 5 management to those who want it!
If you have the right skills or experience for this role; then please call Lisa on 0161 228 6168 or email your CV with the job reference number to: - thank you and good luck with your job search