Our Children`s Home situated in Wakefield, West Yorkshire are seeking a Permanent Full-Time Residential Support Worker.
This is a 3 bedded home for young people of mixed gender aged between 8-18 years old with challenging behaviours and emotional difficulties.
As a Support Worker at our children`s home in the Wakefield area you will be a key member of our team supporting our young people showing empathy and consideration for their past experiences. The young people have faced many rejections and require a staff member that is going to invest in them and improve their lives for the better.
Our Support Worker roles offer a salary of up to £18,790 (inc sleep in`s) plus overtime if desired.
Due to the nature of the role and transporting the young people you must hold a full UK driving licence.
As a Support Worker, you`ll be doing the following:
* Support the young people in everyday living. Including transport to and from school placements.
* Work as a team and support colleagues and senior staff during the shifts.
* Ensure administration is completed in line with statutory regulations. Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans.
* Update and follow care plans and protocols
* Safeguard the young people in and out of the home at all times.
* Confident to manage challenging behaviours and support colleagues.
A family is 24/7 and so are we. We use a rota system to ensure the young people in our home get the care they need. As a Support Worker, in our Home you can you should be happy to work a shift rota system that includes working some weekends and bank holidays.
An example would be a 15 hour shift including a Sleep in.
Example - Monday 8.00 am-23.00 pm plus sleep in, Tuesday 8.00 am-23.00 pm plus sleep in. Finish 9 am Wednesday morning.
Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is desirable but not essential for this role (we can support with the training of this.) Successful applicants will ideally have previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour.
What we`d like to give you:
* Sponsored access to Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare (if not already obtained)
* 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Group Pension
* Travel Insurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Reduced price Gym membership
* Gourmet Society Card
* Healthcare cash plan
* Online benefits portal and high street store cashback rewards
* Group Career Pathways - build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported.
To find out more and be considered for this role please call Emma on 01274 or E-mail