Are you a dedicated Residential Support Worker with experience working in children`s residential settings? OR maybe you've worked with young adults and now want to use your transferrable skills to support the most vulnerable children? If so, then this exciting opportunity could be for you!
This new children`s service belongs to a leading provider of care. Set in DERBY, they provide support to children aged 11-18 who have suffered early life trauma, and display social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a caring, safe, secure and accepting environment that meets the physical, health, social needs and rights of the young people.
- Assist in the compilation and execution of a comprehension timetable of activity to enhance the quality of life
- Developing and maintaining a good level of awareness of child protection issues, assessing and recording risk. Completing accurate and up to date records of the work undertaken and completing written reports
- Learn about service user`s individual needs and requirements and to take responsibility for the promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
To be successful within this role you must;
- Have a passion and commitment towards working with children and young people
- Experience of working within the social care sector, including experience of working with a client group that display challenging behaviour .
- Experience working with children is preferred but not essential
-Be passionate about building a career in childrens services and want to complete your QCF Level 3 in childrens services
This excellent opportunity offers a starting salary of £23,364 to £24,261 depending on experience. Other benefits include: Full training and further qualifications, to include QCF Level 3 Working with Children and Young People (if not already held), enhanced over-time rate and 25 days holiday plus the 8 bank holidays.
If you think you have the dedication required, and determination to succeed then send your CV or alternatively you can call our Birmingham care office on 0121 420 8217 for more information.