Residential Support Worker
£17,628 - £ 19,851
We are working with a well established client based in Hereford who are looking for Residential Support Workers to work with them on a permanent, full time basis.
The service provides individualised care and education programmes for children and young people aged 11 to 19 years, with severe learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour.
As a Support Worker you will work within the school as well as residential settings, plan activities & day trips and deliver personal care. You will also experience challenging behaviour, but they will provide you with the appropriate training and a series of shadow shifts so you can be confident in your ability to handle these situations safely.
The role involves working a 3 week rolling rota pattern including evening and weekend work. This is includes two double shifts occurring every 3 weeks and a mixture of early and late shifts.
What we are looking for:
- An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role.
- Calm and even tempered.
- A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents.
- A valid current driving licence
- Previous experience within a residential setting (desirable)
- Experience of severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour (desirable)
What you get in return:
- Good Pension Scheme
- Travel Allowance & Employee Assistance Programme
- paid induction and training time
- paid sick pay
- good internal progression opportunities
- 30 days paid annual leave
Please apply today if you would like to start an exciting and rewarding career.