We are looking for on-going temps to join a well established Education and Residential Children Service are now recruiting for Support Workers for their residential Children Homes in Wiltshire. You will be supporting 11 to 18 year old's who have come from neglected backgrounds, abandonment, traumatic situations, complex needs, mental health and EBD who will display extreme challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- This is a very challenging role as most clients will be very hard to work with (not listen, ignore instructions and become rude / abusive)
- Setting boundaries and managing their behaviours will be your main duties
- As a profession parent, you will offer therapeutic and emotional support
- Work together as a team to help get them up in the mornings and put them to bed at night
- Help preparing meals (Breakfast, dinner and lunch)
- Support them in daily 121 and/or group activities
- Shift handovers: you will feedback any reports & incidents occurred during your shift to the new staff
We are looking for you have a Level 3, ideally in Children or Young People and it least 6 months prior experience supporting young people. All applications are subject to enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
To apply for this job, or hear more about what BS Social Care can offer you, please call Joseph Leighton today on 0117 922 1130 or simply email your CV.