BS Social care Croydon are currently seeking people with experience supporting young adults within semi independent or outreach services. We are hoping to connect with professional, self sufficient support practitioners, who can work long day + sleep in shifts. Our clients have young people services across Brighton, Chichester, Haywards Heath and Eastbourne.
Our clients provide accommodation and support to young people who have a range of complex needs mainly surrounding mental health. The young people are supported within self contained supported living flats across the southern coastal towns. The organisation is a recognised provider for young adults aged between 16 - 24 years old.
We are wanting to find candidates who are passionate about supporting young adults reach their potential. We want to hear from people who have worked with hard to reach young people, and managed to build meaningful, positive relationships that encouraged and promoted independence.
We are looking for staff who will be able to relate and engage with young people who may have been let down by adults in the past, and as such, display challenging and non engaging behaviours.
- Minimum of 1 years experience supporting young people
- Understanding of mental health, probation, learning disabilities, substance misuse and other factors that negatively impact a young persons independence
- Working with multi-agencies, from police, community support teams and more, ensuring essential information is safely, and securely shared, in line with GDPR and data protection
- To manage challenging behaviours and respond to emergencies that may occur
- The shifts are 24 hour bookings, so availability and flexibility is key.
Hourly rate of pay is @ £9.50 from 7am - 11pm, and £8.91 per hour for sleep in which is from 11pm - 7am. Each shift is made up of 24 hours of work.
Please email your CV for more information on these positions.