Location: Nr. Royston, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £8.95ph to £10.00ph (linked to competency and qualifications)
Hours: 4 week rota pattern - Ave 40hrs per week.
Where possible we will also consider flexible shift patterns to suit you (PT hours also available)
We are currently looking for a number of Support Workers Nr. Royston (South Cambridgeshire / North Hertfordshire border), where our children's home and school provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people aged 9-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
* Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care.
* Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
* Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop
* Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
* Helping develop their learning and social skills wherever possible
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately, we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults that we work with. So, whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it's not essential. What's more important to us is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference.
What's on offer:
* Full training and continued support
* Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Child Care which will be funded by us!
* Part time hours available if required
* 30 days' holiday including bank holidays
* Life assurance and pension
* health cash back plan
* Car lease scheme
* Bike to work scheme
* Perk box
* Free parking
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
* Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
* Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
* Exceptional communication skills and patience
* Resilient with a robust and positive nature
* Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children's needs
* Ability to work on a rota pattern- please note that this will typically mean working every other weekend
Our site is empowering, caring and truly transformative to our pupils.
We are currently in the process of upgrading the site which will feature new state of the art facilities.
You will have a chance to work with a supportive team whose common goal is to empower and support wherever is required.