Are you an experienced care assistant looking for your next step?
I am currently working closely with a well established client who are looking for experienced loyal Senior care assistants to join their team. This is a large home based in Pudsey who have both residential and dementia on site.
The jobholder is responsible for:
* Working with other staff to meet the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
* Helping in the care of the residents' physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the home.
* Taking delegated responsibilities in providing a high standard of care to the residents.
* Supervise, mentor and monitor Care Assistants, as identified in the organisational structure for Care Assistants. Provide support to your identified Care Assistants and monitor their progress in their training and development.
* Identify the care needed for the residents on each shift and organise/delegate the delivery of the care needed.
* Administer the prescribed medications to the residents.
* Liaise with GPs, District Nurses and other professionals as necessary.
* Support the Home Manager in improving and maintaining the highest possible standard of care for the residents.
* Take an active role in care planning and ensure that care plans are reviewed as agreed.
* Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed as required/agreed.
* Communicate effectively with colleagues and residents
The position is 35 hours per week and from £9 to £11 per hour. You will be receive a company pension scheme, uniform. The shifts will be evenings and alternate weekends on a rota basis - Shift patterns are 7am to 2pm and 2pm to 9pm or long days if preferred.
You must be level 3 qualified or equivalent.
Must have experience in a similar setting.
Must have experience of Leading a team.
Or call Ella Sandoval on 01274 393050 for help in finding your next role!