Job Role: Senior Clerical Officer
Hours: 25 hours per week
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and Supervision
- To supervise administrative staff in the section including the management and allocation of duties.
- To deputise for the senior executive officer in all aspects of the post.
- To contribute to the development of a positive team ethos and for the discipline and welfare of administrative staff in the section.
- To identify, co-ordinate and evaluate the training and personal development needs of administrative staff in the section within the context of the Education Authority's appraisal scheme and to ensure, as far as possible, that these needs are met.
- To ensure that all staff for whom the post holder is responsible within the section are appraised annually in accordance with the Education Authority's scheme.
- To induct and train all temporary and permanent administrative staff for whom the post holder is responsible within the section
- To assist the senior executive officer in the planning, organisation and delivery of an effective administrative, clerical and secretarial support for the section.
- To provide the necessary secretarial support to the head of service as required.
- To provide the necessary specialist expertise and support to the head of service. This will involve undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and investigations.
- To prepare letters, minutes, notes, reports and submissions as a result of gathering and interpreting information.
- To collate and analyse factual information from various sources relating in order to support the work of identified senior Education Authority officers within the service.
- To organise the daily administrative tasks of the office and allocate work.
- To support identified Education Authority officers in the preparation of materials for courses.
- To serve as a member on interview panels for administrative staff in the section.
- To service and participate in meetings of Education Authority and regional committees, working groups, forums and panels as required by the line manager.
- To assist the senior executive officer in the operation of the purchasing order procedures for the section.
- To operate and oversee requisitioning procedures including the ordering, purchasing, receiving, checking, storage and distribution of resources.
- Communication and Correspondence
- To provide advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals in respect of agreed aspects of the service.
- To make decisions in conjunction with the senior executive officer in respect of agreed aspects of the service.
- To deal with written and verbal communications received in respect of the service.
- To disseminate information to section staff and to internal and external departments.
- To organise meetings on behalf of the line manager as requested.
- To liaise with the Education Authority's computer development unit with regard to the needs of the section in relation to the establishment of computerised records.
- To develop and maintain efficient recording and filing systems in region headquarters and divisional offices where appropriate.
- To ensure confidentiality of all information and records.
- To be responsible for the creation of statistical reports as required.
- To support the senior executive officer in the management and maintenance of all necessary computerised and manual records.
- To use own initiative to respond positively to issues which arise in region headquarters when the supervisory officer is absent.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grade as may from time-to-time be required by the head of section.
If you are interested please feel free to call Aalia on 01895 204509 or email on .
I look forward to hearing from you!