Senior Support Worker
Our client is looking for fantastic Senior Support Workers, to work in a brilliant, brand new supported living service for adults with learning disabilities, in Weston-Super-Mare.
As a Senior Support Worker, no two working days will ever be the same. You will have plenty of challenging but exciting opportunities to work with individuals of various complex needs and situations.
Taking responsibility for engaging and involving Service Users in the development of their personal targets and support, you will work as part of a dedicated support team providing 24/7 cover in a residential service.
Specifically, you will:
- Facilitate, motivate, encourage and empower Service Users to live their life to their full potential and develop personal targets as agreed in the support plan
- Develop, review and maintain risk assessments for Service Users using information provided by local authority, staff observations and other available information, including input from the Service User
- Facilitate meetings required with external professionals and make appropriate notes
- Maintain the Service User portfolio which shows evidence of progress made towards achieving the aims of the care plan
- Develop an open, honest and considerate working relationship with Service Users
To be considered as a Senior Support Worker, you will need:
- Experience gained within a similar role within the care sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise workloads
- A person-centred approach
- The ability to plan for yourself and others
- QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care is desirable but not essential
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, caring, empathetic and driven to enhance the lives of others. This role is ideal for someone who is invested in a career in social care, improving a person`s potential, the non-profit environment, people in their community and charitable causes.
If this sounds like you then please, apply today!