Senior Support Worker
Salary / hourly rate: Up to £24,296
Employment type: Full Time
Hours per week: 37.5
We are recruiting for a senior support worker for one of the largest UK charities who support people with learning disabilities. The organisation and service you'll be working for pride themselves on delivering care that enables people to live the best possible life.
About the Role
As a Senior Support Worker you'll be supporting the Registered Manager coach, support and manage the staff team, you'll be a role model to others through demonstrating excellent behaviours and care to those you support.
The purpose of your role is to give the highest possible care to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities, in their daily lives. You will ensure your service is well led, safe, caring, effective and responsive.
Working in any care role, flexibility is important for both you and for the people you support. The service is 24/7, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts on a rota basis, including sleep ins, weekends and Bank Holidays.
To be successful with your application you'll need to have….
- Level 2 qualified (and happy to study towards level 3)
- Experience of overseeing other staff (this could have been a small part of your role but needs to be formally overseeing, eg: through supervisions)
- Previous experience as a Support Worker and have experience of giving out medication
- You need good IT skills and experience of maintaining records
- If you have driving license that is desirable too.
What's on offer
- An excellent pay rate of £10.10/£10.40 per hour (raising to £10.81 after your completing Level 3) and £60 per sleep in.
- Apprenticeships - gain a fully funded Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning
- Discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development.
- Annual staff award scheme .
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme, private health and life assurance
- Free DBS Check
If this job sounds of interest to you then just get in touch with me, Gaby, either by email or call me on 0117 9486300