Brook Street Soxial Care are looking to recruit hard working, dedicated residential care workers to work at established
residential children's homes in Widnes and Knowsley. The young people are between the ages of 8 and 17, who
may have EBD and LD. As part of our valued team, you'll provide a nurturing and homely environment for the
young people to thrive. You will be expected to set boundaries, lead by example and support the young people
as much as possible, to ensure their transition to adulthood is the best it can be.
The role can be challenging but also massively rewarding. We are looking for individuals who wish to make a
difference to Children & Young People's lives. Through ongoing development and exceptional training, you'll be
given every opportunity to extend your skills and further your career.
Successful applicants should have:
* Experience of working with young people in a care/community or youth setting.
* A compassionate understanding of the complex needs of young people.
* Knowledge of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable young people.
* Strong communication skills.
* An ability to work within a team to help support and motivate each other to provide outstanding care.
* The passion and dedication needed to positively impact the lives of young people.
* Good attention to detail and able to maintain confidential and accurate records.
* Current DBS Check (preferred but not essential).
* A full UK driving licence (preferred but not essential).
This role is on a full-time basis and applicants should be aware that they'll be required to work shifts including
evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep overs. Successful applicants will be offered the role subject to
suitable references and an enhanced DBS check.
Successful applicants will be provided with a full programme of mandatory / specialist training which starts with
a full Induction that outlines the role, the responsibilities it brings and includes an introduction to the
company's ethos and values.
Hourly rates are £9.50 - £13.65 per hour depending on qualifications
Level 5 leadership and management is preferred along with experience as a Senior residential worker.