Senior Support Worker
39 hours per week
We are working in partnership with a Welsh charity that provides support for autistic adults. They provide supported living and outreach services in Cardiff & Vale, Cwm Taff and Gwent.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to work on a full time basis for an outreach scheme that provides care to young adults in their own home. Each call is a minimum of four hours where you will be providing day to day support in the as well as out in the community such as, trips to the cinema and attending the gym. Within this role you would be allowing them to be as independent as possible, but also supporting them with daily tasks such as food preparation and cleaning.
We are looking for a resilient and friendly Senior Support Worker a new scheme, to enable individuals to live as independently as possible and to be part of their local community. Shifts will include evenings, weekends, sleep in duties.
As a dynamic, forward thinking Senior Support Worker, you will assist the Service Manager in leading and developing a team to work in an autism specialist way, which is responsive to the needs of the people we support.
We are looking for someone who has a can do attitude and fully committed to supporting each individual in a creative way that enables them to live a fulfilled life. The ideal candidate with lead by example, and be a role model for the team.
You will receive ongoing support to ensure your continued professional development and enthusiasm for the role.
A Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care is desirable, and so is a genuine passion for providing person centred support is key to being successful in the role of a Senior Support Worker.
In return, you will be provided with a full induction and ongoing learning to support you.
What you will get in return;
- An enhanced DBS is needed for this role, we will pay for this cost.
- Progression opportunities and career pathways
- Full training and development programme to support you in your role.
- Support to obtain your Diploma Level 3 qualification
- 23 days plus 8 Bank Holidays, rising to 26 days with 3 years` service
- Free Employee Assistance Programme with qualified advisors trained to help, 24 hours a day, any day of the year
- Long service entitlements - after 1, 2 and 3 complete years of service, you will benefit from additional leave pro rata up to 3/5ths of a week of leave after 3 complete years of service.
- Option to sell annual leave (subject to eligibility)
- Monthly staff cash prize draw (subject to eligibility)
- Medicash (subject to eligibility)
If you are looking for a truly rewarding role, with the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and your career, please apply today!