Location: New Castle Upon Tyne
Salary: £24,283 - £27,448
Do you have experience within the Mental Health sector supporting adults and children with learning or physical disabilities?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
If the answer is YES then look no further - this FANTASTIC opportunity could be for you!
BS Social Care is a national organisation that specialise in the recruitment of Health and Social Care professionals. We are currently assisting in the hiring process of an experienced Service Manager to join an established team of three Service Managers, each with a caseload of approximately 1200 hours per week. Based in Newcastle, this well-established service provider has been operating for 17 years and have an excellent track record for delivering high quality, person-centered services to young adults and children with learning/physical disabilities.
As a service manager you will be a key member of the team providing high standards of care and support to service users. Through a creative and caring approach you will build good relationships, and empower service users to achieve their goals and live independently as possible.
In order to be successful, you must have the following criteria.
* Knowledge of the requirements to meet CQC standards
* Awareness of Current legislation in Adult and Children's Social Care (where appropriate)
* Health and Social Care Level 3 Qualification, willing to work to Level 5.
* Experience in a senior care role
* Car driver with car available for work with business insurance or prepared to add business insurance to their policy
* Good communication and literacy skills
* Good IT skills
* Knowledge of H&S Legislation
* Knowledge of Equality and Diversity Legislation
* Understanding of Local Authority QAFs (Quality Assessment Frameworks)
* An ability to communicate effectively with families/carers and other professionals
* An ability to manage, mentor and monitor staff teams
Other duties will include:
* Develop and lead teams to ensure high quality and efficient delivery of person-centered services
* Manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders, including commissioning authorities and to ensure an outcome focused approach to include the reduction in the cost of support packages.
* To implement and monitor systems for communication within the staff team, i.e. diaries and communication books, emails etc. in line with GDPR
* To manage, develop and take responsibility for senior support workers which ensures the smooth running of person-centred services, ensuring timely supervisions and appraisals are stored/recorded correctly
* Provide quality monitoring reports, as requested, to the Registered Manager
* Ensure the support provided reflects the wishes of the clients we support and guide other colleagues to adhere to these principles
* Ensure all clients' specific support plans, protocols and risk assessments are communicated effectively to all staff adhered to and reviewed at the correct times including the monitoring the safe ordering, dispensing, recording and storing of medications
* Lead and ensure support staff to encourage a person to be as independent as possible within, and outside of, their home environment
* Devise and monitor a client's health action plan and encourage them in maintaining their wellbeing
* Monitor all finances and budgeting and use the recording system in place as required
* Ensure that all staff work in line with the core principles around the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
To apply for this role do not delay as immediate interviews are available! For more information, please send your CV or call Philip at 0191 261 7570.