My client is a market leading innovation company who are looking for a Store Team Leader to improve operational efficiency and optimize safe team working in the Stores and Goods In/Out areas. The role is responsible for the Quality and On-Time Delivery of kits and consumables to production as well as timely Goods In & Out deliveries.
- As well as the role of Team Leader you will be expected to actively carry out StoresPerson responsibilities by contributing to kitting and goods in receipt as required.
- You may be expected to carry out other tasks as and when required by the role
- Maintain Stores, Goods In & Out and cleaning area facility housekeeping to ensure high levels of 6S and Cleanliness
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies are followed and report any concerns to the Production Supervisor.
- Support all Health & Safety activities - including Risk Assessment and Laser Safety Requirements.
- Supervise team members ensuring smooth running of stores/goods in processes.
- Lead by example; maintain and support all company Core Values.
- Perform return to work interviews.
- Undertake regular performance appraisals and 1-1's with your Team members.
- Support recruitment and interviews for new team roles
- Daily - Start day status review with Team.
- Weekly - Production Reviews with Operations Leadership Team
- Assist the Production Planner with scheduling if required
- Manage team development by organizing internal training & ensuring training records are maintained.
- Highlight any relevant external training required to the Production Supervisor and HR Manager.
Productivity and Quality
- Review key performance metrics with your Team members; and report results through weekly production meetings and monthly review.
- Monitor stock and kitting accuracy. Ensuring weekly PI counts are conducted.
- Optimise department resources to increase efficiencies.
- Report all technical issues to the Operations and Engineering teams to enable their support.
- Identify & propose projects to improve quality & efficiency and reduce waste, cost and cycle times.
- Maintain FIFO process in cleaning and packing area - ensuring any bottlenecks are resolved.
Who are you:
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Previous experience in a stores role in relevant industry
- Knowledge of MRP or Database systems for materials
- Basic computer skills - Outlook, Excel etc.
- Previous supervisory experience in stores role
- Completion of supervisory training course
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
- Core skills for each work area, IT Skills, Microsoft platforms
- Job specific Work Instructions for each Team Member
- Manufacturing related Quality Procedures, including PSP WI, TPs, MRB, SWR and RMA
- Numeracy and accuracy skills
- Flexible in terms of changing work procedures, varying tasks and completing requested overtime if necessary
- Ability and desire to learn and develop
- Assertiveness & diplomacy in leading others
- Good verbal communication skills
The Team Leader should be a strong team player and a competent leader to their team. They should be flexible and adaptable in their hours and tasks depending on the levels of workload and needs of the business. They should be able to work independently without too much direction and take responsibility for decisions made. The Team Leader should have a strong awareness of the organization and be skilled in managing conflict. The role requires an individual who is adept at delegation and ensures compliance from their team at all times. They should also be creative and innovative to enable the company to move forwards.
All employees are expected to strive to meet the Company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation and Group value of Teamwork & Customer Focus
Start Date ASAP, working hours will be Monday - Friday
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 07483 931 811 or apply now