Youth Night Support Worker - Immediate Start !!
We are looking for night support worker's which have the passion and motivation to help the disadvantaged young people to make positive and lasting changes to their lives. As a support worker you will provide a consistent support service to the residents, primarily during the evening and night time hours and at weekends.
Your role will involve the assessment, support and risk management of the residents as part of a small and dedicated staff team. Together you will really make a difference, empowering our clients to develop the independent living skills they need to successfully move on with a positive future.
Primary Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties
You will proactively work with residents of the centre by providing support, information, advice and guidance as appropriate. Part of your duties will involve developing, planning and delivering a range of group activities to increase life skills training with the aim of preparing residents to move on to independent accommodation, employment or further education.
You will also ensure the safety and security of the residents and the centre, and therefore competent in making decisions which ensure the safeguarding of our residents and that all policies and procedures of the foundation are upheld.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the issues and needs of the service users.
- Good time management with an ability to work under pressure and manage any conflicting priorities is essential.
- You will also have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships with residents and colleagues. Qualifications relevant to the role such as health and social care, First Aid in the Work Place, Health & Safety, and Food Hygiene.
Necessities and Important Information
- Location: Trowbridge
- Rate of Pay: £9.50
- Hourly sleep in rate £8.72
- Experience in working with vulnerable people or those with complex needs.
- Holiday pay + Pension Scheme
- Progression opportunities ie. Temp to Perm with highly qualified services
- Lone working giving you independence
INTERESTED???? Please feel free to contact me any time on: 0117 948 6300 or email me at: even if it is to gain more information as I have many other job opportunities available to discuss