Residential Support Worker
£17,628 - £ 19,558
We are working with a well established client based in Hereford who are looking for Support Workers to work with them on a permanent, full time basis.
As a Support Worker you will experience challenging behaviour, but you will provided you will the appropriate training and a series of shadow shifts so you can be confident in your ability to handle these situations safely. Their friendly team will also always be on hand for advice!
You will be providing residential support to young adults with Learning Disabilities. You will be going on various trips out; such as going swimming, going to cafes; doing arts and crafts, cookery, music, gardening and much more. They are completely led by our residents - they do whatever activities t are interested in (and we can reasonably facilitate!).
As a Support Worker you will support the residents within the home and out in the community, you will be responsible for:
- ensuring the safety of the residents at all times
- delivering personal care
- ensuring paperwork is up to date
- administering medication
What we are looking for:
- An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role.
- Calm and even tempered.
- A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents.
- A valid current driving licence
- Previous experience within a residential setting (desirable)
- Experience of severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour (desirable)
What you get in return:
- Good Pension Scheme
- Travel Allowance & Employee Assistance Programme
- paid induction and training time
- paid sick pay
- good internal progression opportunities
- 30 days paid annual leave
Please apply today, if you would like to start a rewarding career today!