A local charity supporting adults with learning disabilities based in Stratford Upon Avon, looking for compassionate Support Workers to join their team.
You will provide high quality, reliable and personalised support, promoting independence, choice and enhance inclusion in the local community.
Your day to day duties will include:
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with an individual`s care plans
- Supporting customers with their personal care, which may include skin care, bathing or showering, shaving, oral care, intimate care and continence (including management of bladder and bowels), dressing/undressing and hair care.
- Co-ordinating and implementing a range of activities to meet the therapeutic, health, social, educational and leisure needs of those supported.
- Enable customers to carry out all the tasks involved in their daily life either at their home or within a respite setting. This may include helping to manage their money and their home, housework, cooking, medication, shopping, medical and routine appointments.
- Ensure accurate and confidential records are kept in line with the companies policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development of care and support plans, risk assessments and in case reviews for customers as required.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as specified your line manager.
Salary is from £9.05 - £9.40 per hour
Shift system 24/7 including weekends, Bank Holidays and sleep ins (sleep ins paid at £7.83 per hour normally around £70.49 per night in addition to salary)
Both Part time and Full Time hours available (Flexible)
Location - Stratford upon Avon (living within reasonable distance)
Car owner/drivers desirable
No previous care experience necessary but the enthusiasm, compassion and drive to want to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability is essential.
If this is something of interest please call Aqsa Akbar on 0121 4808217