Brook Street Social Care are currently working with an organisation which specialises in providing accommodation and support to young people aged 8-17. The service provides residents with day to day support, with the aim of progressing residents to semi - independent settings.My client is currently seeking for experienced children residential workers for their home in Wimbledon.
Our client currently accommodates around 25 children, all of which are supported within 4-6 bedded properties. The needs of the residents vary, from mental health, learning disabilities, anti social behaviours and more. They are seeking candidates who have experience supporting residents with challenging behaviour.
You will be able to provide
The ideal candidate will:
- Actively involved in the residents daily activities
- Be passionate about children with learning disabilities
- Be able to intervene according to companies guidelines
- To operate within the legal parameters as described in the companies` policies and procedures
You`ll be required to:
- NVQ Level 3 (Children and young people workforce)
- Have minimum 1 years experience working with young people within a registered Ofsted setting
- Have the ability to produce reports and make analytical observations
- Ensure that safeguarding practices are maintained at all times.
- Sleep- in/shift work, including evenings, bank holidays and weekends on a rota system.
£25,2850 - £27,850
You`ll be expected to attend an interview and complete an induction.
This role is challenging, but also massively rewarding. We would like to hear from candidates who are able to promote independence, manage challenging and hard to reach clients with the aim of generating positive outcomes. If you meet the criteria and thrive in making a difference in young people`s lives, please do not hesitate to apply.