- Location: Newcastle - NE2 or NE12 - work one or the other
- Salary: £9.46 - £10.04 per hour
- Hours: Shifts pattern Mon-Sun.
About the role…
Working in partnership with The Percy Hedley Foundation we are looking to appoint support workers with a passion for helping people to join their team, at two of their sites Leybourne and Tyne House.
The team at both services work towards excellence every day and are committed to delivering the very best outcomes for the people they support. Their dynamic and flexible service is tailored to the specific needs of the individual, making it easier to live, learn and be part of a world adapting to change.
Leybourne- Supporting adults with learning and physical disabilities who require personal care and support. Their residents enjoy accessing Newcastle city nightlife, clubs, restaurants, theatres and shows. We also support people to go to both St James and the Stadium of Light. We support people to go on holidays abroad and weekends away, pamper weekends or thrill-seeking weekends such as abseiling, canoeing and fishing.
Tyne House- Supporting adults with physical disabilities who require physically active personal care and support. For this service we are looking for self-driven candidates who can promote independence in their service users and encourage self-sustainability. We uphold the values of positive behaviour support, choice, control, and autonomy for our people to lead fulfilling lives.
At Percy Hedley they encourage career development and progression. They run a robust training programme and have development opportunities across the wider Foundation.
They also offer the following benefits to staff:
- Access to a rewards scheme designed to save money on shopping
- Contributory Pension Scheme. (Contributions can be matched up to 5%.)
- Induction and ongoing training.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wellbeing support (including occupational health, physio services and counselling services)