£8.72ph + benefits package
Here at BS Social Care, we have an extremely exciting opportunity for experienced Support Workers and for people who are looking to take their first step as a Support Worker! We are working alongside one of the most reputable learning disability charities in the UK to find new, excellent Support Workers to join one of their welcoming teams in Minehead.
About the role:
As a Support Worker your role will be to support 8 adults in a Supported Living setting who have learning difficulties and associated health complications. Your duties will include supporting with developing existing and new skills in everyday life, helping to manage their finances and shopping, supporting with cooking and domestic duties, assisting with medication and attending appointments. The role also includes encouraging the residents to engage in activities and might involve the support of hobbies, sports, travel and trips out into the community. Personal care is also an element of this role.
- You do not have to have prior care experience to apply for this role as full training is provided by the organisation.
- You do need to have a positive, caring outlook and the desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability.
- You must be flexible as this role requires shift work and some weekend work.
- You must be a driver with access to a vehicle to apply for this role.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a full DBS check, paid for by the organisation
- You will join a brilliant, highly sought after organisation
- You will receive a fantastic benefits package including discounts from some major, leading retailers
- You will have ample opportunities for professional development.
- You will join a great working environment and friendly, supportive team
If you would like to use your skills in a way that can really make a difference to people's lives then please, apply today!
Or, if you would like some more information, you can email Mollie on who will be happy to chat to you about the role.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!