Please note: This is a Bank Work position, please only apply if you are interested in Temporary work.
Are you an experienced support worker looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you live in Wakefield or the surrounding areas? If so please read on....
BS Social Care are currently recruiting for an experienced Support Worker for our client based in Normanton. You will be working within a 6 bedded service for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism. You will be responsible for providing support to the service users, at times 1:1 support may be required as well as physical intervention training.
Your duties will include emotional and physical support, assisting with meal times, personal care and general tasks. You will be required to do occasional trips in to the community with the service users. If you are successful with your application, you would need to complete a shadow shift initially and have to provide your DBS on your first shift.
To be considered for this role:
- You must have previous experience working with Adults with Learning Difficulties/Autism
- Ability to provide two employment references, one of which must be your current or most recent employer
- Minimum of 12 months paid experience, or alternatively 6 months experience with a relevant qualification
- An enhanced DBS on the update service with Children and Adults. If you do not currently have an Enhanced DBS on the update service you will be required to obtain a new one at a cost of £50.
- Full UK Driving License (preferred)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- 2 Proof of ID`s (Including one photographic - Driving License/Passport)
- Proof of Address
- Due to the nature of these shifts we require you to have the availability to work a minimum of 1 shift per week, as our clients are looking for candidates who are flexible and available on a weekly basis to provide familiarity to the service users. Some clients provide us with ongoing bookings of 2 - 6 months with regular shift patterns.
It is preferred that you have up to date Medication, Basic Life Support and Manual Handling training in order to work for BS Social Care, you must be able to provide proof in the form of certificates.
What we can offer you at BS Social Care:
- £8.25 - £8.50 hourly pay
- Holiday pay to accrue
- Shift flexibility
- Free online training provided which covers all sections in the nationally recognised Care Certificate
- Rewards such as refer a friend & temp of the month
If you would like to apply for this position, please click apply or alternatively contact Maria Lawther on 01274 393050 for more information. Please note, you must be able to attend an Interview in our Bradford City Centre offices which are open Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE CRITERIA LISTED IN THE ABOVE ADVERTISEMENT.