Support Worker - Dorset DT10
We currently have an exciting opportunities for Support Workers to join our new location in Sturminster Newton, Dorset.
This brand new project will be home to people with learning disabilities and associated support needs, across 18 supported living flats on one site, in a stunning location.
Although being a driver is not essential you must be able to get to the location for shift start times. (DT10)
Skills & Experience
No experience is necessary as we provide all the relevant training to enable you to provide excellent care to the people we support. A Support Worker post with our client is a varied and interesting role, and their staff tell them that it "is fulfilling, fun and offers real opportunities to make a difference to people`s lives!"
As a Support Worker you will be working with people with a range of support needs; people who have a learning disability, but may also be on the autistic spectrum, have physical disabilities or associated health needs such as epilepsy, dementia or mental health needs.
As a support worker you will play a key role in enabling the people you support to carry out all of the daily living tasks involved in everyday life. That could be helping someone to live independently within their own home and activities such as:
- " Shopping
- " Cleaning
- " Cooking
- " Personal are, i.e. helping people to bathe
- " Physical support, such as moving with a hoist or wheelchair
We need bank staff who are able to work shifts, for example waking nights, day and evening shifts, sleep-ins etc. The ability to drive would also be an advantage.
If you are patient with a good sense of humour and enjoy working in an environment where no two days are the same then apply today!
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people`s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- " You will accrue annual leave (including bank holidays) based on the number of hours worked
- " Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- " Pension scheme with employee and employer contributions
- " Employee assistance scheme programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life`s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
If you think this is the job for you please apply