We are working with a valued client who are currently looking for Support Workers on a permanent full time basis, to provide support to adults with learning disabilities and complex care needs.
You will be expected to develop friendly and supportive relationships with service users and assist service users in developing their skills and making the most of community living. Work will be undertaken within the operational guidelines, policies and procedures relating to the service. You will receive supervision sessions from senior members of the staff team. You will be expected to undertake training as identified as appropriate by the team manager.
A full UK driving license is required for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Respect the dignity and privacy of the service users and treat them as valued individuals.
- Develop effective working relationships with service users and other colleagues of the care team.
- Assist service users in meeting their personal needs such as bathing, toileting, dressing etc.
- Support service users in developing their personal skills e.g. cooking cleaning, laundry etc.
- Support service users in accessing local health facilities e.g. G.P., dentist, and hospital appointments.
- Support service user`s participation in their individual programmes of day care.
- Support service users in accessing a range of community facilities.
- Help service users in managing their benefits and personal finances.
- Contribute to the care planning system and Person Centred Planning meetings etc.
- Administer some medication as required.
- Contribute to the health, welfare and safety of service users and staff by complying with relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
What the ideal candidate will look like:
- Have a positive attitude towards people with learning disabilities.
- Communicate well with people, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Have a willingness to assist service users in their personal care and hygiene.
- Have a willingness to assist service users in accessing community services and facilities.
- Have the ability to assist and enable people in domestic activities such as cooking, cleaning etc.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to the changing needs of the service users and the service.
- Ability to record information and contribute to meetings.
- Will be committed to helping people with disabilities achieve their full potential in the community.
If you have some experience within care, whether paid experience or life experience or volunteering we want to hear from you!
Please apply today if you would like to start an exciting and rewarding role!