About our exciting Opportunity:
Our client is extremely excited to have opened an additional residential children's home in Brecon Beacons National Park and they are looking to add a Team Leader to their existing team of dedicated staff. You will lead the team to deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development, including the promotion of a warm and accepting atmosphere, where the safety and care of young people is paramount.
You will be working on a rota basis; Day 1: 9.00 to 23.00 with a sleep in, Day 2: 7.30 to 23.00 with a sleep in, Day 3: 7.30 to 10.00, Day 4 to 6 off.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by the company.
About the Residential Homes:
Over time the 2 homes will accommodate up to 5 children aged between 11 and 18 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment ensuring we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention. This position focuses on developing independent life skills within a therapeutic care environment. Staff will be involved in a range of activities which our children enjoy, this may include swimming, music, camping, rock climbing, horse riding, canoeing and day trips to local centres.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- " Lead the Team to ensure the provision of quality care, within which the health, welfare, education and the development of young people is promoted and to promote a coherent ethos of care consistent with the overall culture of the company and the Home's statement of purpose.
- " To take an active lead, as part of the Management team of the home, in the monitoring of good practice and ensuring safe working practices within Child Protection and Wales Safeguarding procedures 2019, whilst ensuring that all staff on your team engage and build positive working relationship with the young people individually and as a group and have an understanding of group dynamics.
- " To take responsibility for the running of the shift and giving appropriate support and direction to the staff team whilst working proactively to ensure that young people are afforded opportunities and experiences that will allow them to thrive.
- " Complete formal assessments of the needs of young people, in conjunction with colleagues and other professionals, to promote and safeguard the welfare of the young people in placement. Ensure that reports for key meetings, such as Child Looked after Reviews are completed in a timely manner and are of a high quality.
- " To manage and analyse challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs and take a lead on formulating plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events. To support colleagues in their reflective practice to develop an understanding of the underlying issues to challenging behaviour.
- " To ensure that self and others work within the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care Wales Act 2016 and Social Services and Wellbeing Act 2014 and adhere to our clients Policies and Procedures where necessary and support the Registered Manager with the completion of key reports regarding the home such as the bi-annual Quality of Care review.
- " To ensure daily tasks are completed (either directly or through delegation) and are consistent with the smooth running of the home, such as case recording and updating placement plans, risk assessments and ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately.
- " To provide high quality supervision to individual members of staff as directed by the Registered Manager and conduct appraisals in line with the Company appraisals process. Ensure that performance issues are identified at an early stage and you support the Registered Manager is addressing
If you think this is the job for you please apply