Salary: £19,900 per annum, pro rata which equates to £10.31 per hour + additional sleep-in payments of £50
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full Time (working 37 hours a week) Part Time hours also available.
This role will be working 37 hours a week, with a 2 week rolling rota drawn up in advance with every 2nd weekend off. Shifts are 7.30am- 7.30pm or 9.30am - 9.30pm - equivalent to 3-4 shifts per week. We are open to discussions around shift flexibility, if required, at interview stage..
Location: Yatton, North Somerset
Perks: Annual leave of 29 days (pro-rata) PLUS public holidays,?flexible?maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our careers portal.
About our client
"We believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives."
The service is a 3-bed permanent residential home for children and young people aged between 8 - 18 who have various learning disabilities. They strive to create a homely and supportive environment where the children can thrive and develop by us supporting them with household tasks and all aspects of their care.
"we focus on making sure the children`s voices are heard at all times and pride ourselves on providing a collaborative and caring service."
About the Role:
"We work hard to ensure the children in our care are experiencing a safe and happy childhood in a friendly, warm and inclusive environment.
We are now looking for an Assistant Residential Worker who will help our team continue to ensure the best possible environment. We are looking for someone who has a compassionate and positive attitude, is adaptable to changing situations and has excellent communication skills. If you have experience in a similar setting with disabled children and young people, this would be advantageous."
As an Assistant Residential Worker you`ll be:
- Planning and supporting our children and young people in taking part in activities based at the service as well as out in the community such as such as trips to the farm, theme parks, community-based activities in order to develop their social and life skills.
-Getting involved in lots of fun activities! arts & crafts, leisure activities, park visit, bowling and many more.
- Providing care for our young people throughout the day by supporting with set routines, attend to personal care and administer medication following appropriate training
- Developing and delivering young person-centred plans in relation to their needs throughout the day.
-Having good communication skills and the ability to engage well with both young people, colleagues and other professionals.
What You`ll Bring:
Our job description for the Assistant Residential Worker outlines the requirements of the role but the `must-haves` are:
- Previous experience and knowledge working with people with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care OR the willingness to work towards it
- Previous experience in residential care would be desirable but not essential.
- A real compassionate and positive attitude is a MUST.
-A positive approach, providing a fun environment for all the children in our care.
- The confidence and ability to use own initiative.
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we`d love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. A diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with and we welcome applications from everyone.
To apply Call Owen at BS Social Care on 0117 9486300 or click apply!