A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a local charity provider with over 150 years` experience. This provider offers safe, secure, affordable and well-maintained independent living accommodation, residential care and extra care housing for adults in their older age.
My Client are currently looking for wellbeing support workers to support people in their own home as well as their own supported living sites around the Birmingham and Solihull area.
This is a fantastic role for someone who as a kind, caring and compassionate nature. You don`t necessary need experience within care but you do need to be someone that will listen and support vulnerable adults. Someone that can enquiry about someone`s wellbeing without judgement and most of all someone who is honest, fun and offers a person-centred approach to support and care.
This role will include but not be limited to:
- Help residents sustain their independence at home by ensuring that they have an understanding of housing issues, rights and responsibilities.
- Coordinate suitable social events and activities to promote services, encourage resident involvement, and maximise usage of communal spaces.
- Complete referrals for aids and adaptations to be installed in and around the home where required, including assistive technology.
- Assist and/or signpost residents to the Trusts Benefits and advice role to maximise their income, ensuring they are claiming the appropriate benefits.
- Assist residents to achieve support plan objectives by accessing community resources and establishing links with statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Develop individual support plans with residents which identify independence, health, welfare and social needs.
For this role you don`t need any experience within care however because this is a community role you will need to be a driver.
If this sounds like your next career move then please click apply or for more information contact contact our Birmingham office on 0121 480 8217