Youth Support Worker
Are you looking for a new opportunity within the Health and Social care industry OR looking to start your career?
Here at BS Social Care, we are looking for Youth Support Workers to work with students at a fantastic college based in a beautiful setting in Dorset. The college sits in 16 acres of listed gardens and has a wider 50 acre campus.
The college works with students aged 16 - 25 with conditions such as complex anxiety, mental health, Autism and, or associated difficulties to re-engage in education whilst gaining independent living skills.
There is no personal care involved.
Our client can offer a full time structured Rota pattern working 7, 12 hour shifts of 8am - 8pm over a 14 day period, with alternate weekends off.
Responsibilities of a Youth Support Worker:
- Build positive relationships with the students.
- To provide a safe, clean and supportive environment.
- Encourage and promote independence i.e. cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Assist with education, recreational and social activities.
- Ability to positively reduce and control anxieties and behaviours you may find challenging.
- Have an empathetic and caring nature/ approach to our students.
Requirements of a Youth Support Worker:
- Good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Flexible within a rota pattern (which can include evenings, weekends and some unsocial hours)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Preferably you will have experience previously working within an SEN or Care environment, but this is not essential.
- A genuine passion and interest within Health and Social Care.
- To provide details for a pre-employment Safeguarding checks.
- Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
Benefits to you:
- Fully funded access to your NVQ Level 3.
- Competitive pay rates of £8.95 - £10.15 depending on qualifications.
- Dedicated and experienced team of staff to support you within your journey.
- Fully paid detailed induction with ongoing training throughout your career.
- Opportunities for progression
- DBS provided by the client
- Refer a friend scheme of £400
If this opportunity is something of interest, please apply today or contact Mollie on