We've got a great opportunity for a full-time, temporary role at HMP Isle of Wight, to join a fast-paced office, working as part of the admin team as an Administration Assistant. The successful candidate will provide customer service and administrative support. You will work within the admin department with the Business Hub to process documents, file, scan and produce written correspondence via Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. You will lease with internal and external sources so good customer service will be required.
- Full time 37 hrs per week
- Monday - Friday
- Temporary 6-month Contract
- Pay - £9.50ph
- Location - HMP Isle of Wight
- Start date: ASAP - following completion of HMPPS Vetting
The individual will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Collating and analysing information or data, recording data, regular usage of Excel.
- Processing of applications, processing orders, IT data input
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Processing correspondence, drafting letters and emails
- Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- Preparing routine correspondence
Typical qualifications and experience:
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- All offers are subject to 3 years of referencing checks and a DBS.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below