Position: Administrative Officer
Salary: £25,626.00 per annum
Contract: Temporary, 37 hours per week
Progression into a Home Office Fixed Term Contract
Are you inquisitive? Do you consider yourself emotionally resilient? Can you process information and work at pace? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a high-quality customer service? Are you IT literate and able to multi-task? Are you flexible about where you work and happy to be deployed anywhere in the UK?
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office are recruiting a national Tactical Surge Team to support its colleagues across the business. This team will be made up of Tactical Surge Units to quickly prioritise and deploy support to teams during surge or crisis periods.
We have roles available now for Administrative Officers (Tactical Surge Support) in various locations across the UK.
We need to stress that although you will be located in the regions as described above, you may be deployed on a National basis and mobility and flexibility is essential.
The work that successful candidates will undertake will be challenging and rewarding. In order to achieve your best you will be supported, coached, trained and mentored within a substantive departmental structure that will enable you to become multi-skilled, disciplined and equipped to provide substantial value to a wide range of teams and services.
Join the Home Office Tactical Surge Team as an Administrative Officer and gain unparalleled experience across various areas of work.
Benefits of this role will include:
- Progressing within a new, highly skilled, and well supported team with opportunities to travel and an operate across high profile and national priority work.
- A structured approach to induction and mentoring from day one with a clear progression through to independent work.
- Following a comprehensive learning pathway with up to 2 days a month dedicated learning time, which includes a Level 3 qualification and continuous professional development.
- Becoming a member of the cross-government Operational Delivery Profession (ODP).
- Become a registered Casework Professional under the Casework Professionalisation Programme (CPP).
- Access to a comprehensive employee support programme and a dedicated wellbeing offer and events.
Key accountabilities within this role include:
- Demonstrating sensitivity, emotional resilience and understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults and children throughout deployable duties.
- Working positively with internal and corporate partners and stakeholders.
- Accurately maintaining computer system records relevant to workstreams deployed upon.
- Providing effective and timely customer care to internal and external customers in line with current guidance and best practice.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of policy, procedure, and security guidelines to complete all work in accordance with Home Office Policy, Procedure and Best Practice guidelines.
What we need from you:
- IT literacy with ability to quickly learn how to use different IT platforms/packages
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build customer relations
Candidates will be starting between January and the end of March subject to successful Government security clearance.
We need to stress that although candidates will be located in the regions as described above, they may be deployed on a National basis and mobility and flexibility is essential.