*Adult Independent Domestic Violence Advisor*
*Cardiff - permanent - full time - flexi working*
*£21,000 - £23,000*
We are working alongside a fantastic womens refuge organisation who are recruiting for an independent advisor.
The company is a women`s equality organisation which exists to eradicate violence against women and girls and to support survivors. They recognise that ending violence and abuse takes a whole society approach to social change, and it needs you to help them achieve this!
This is a full time role working 35 hours a week plus on-call, with the expectation to work flexibly between 00:00hrs - 23:59hrs Monday-Sunday. The on-call service is delivered 24hrs a day and is staffed by IPA`s on a rota basis. Additional generous financial increments are paid to those participating in the on-call service.
- You will Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- You will hold a Safe Lives IDVA training certificate, or a relevant degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience or a vocational qualification.
- You will have a good understanding of domestic violence/abuse including the impact of domestic violence/abuse on victims and their children.
- You will understand child protection issues, how to respond to effectively safeguard, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
- Within this role you will manage a caseload ensuring each client receives the trauma-informed, needs led, risk assessed service individual to their needs, and support the empowerment of the client and assist them in recognising the features and dynamics of domestic abuse present in their situation and help them regain control of their lives.
- You will support colleagues and partner agencies, through awareness raising and institutional advocacy, in order to provide the best possible service for service users and work directly with all key agency partners to address the safety of high-risk victims and ensuring that their safety plans are coordinated particularly through the MASH and MARAC.
- You will provide a high quality front line service to victims of domestic and sexual abuse and wider issues. Delivering a range of crisis intervention, early intervention and prevention work, intensive support and accommodation-based support.
- Generous Annual Leave Package Totalling 33 Days (Inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program - supports your health and well being at home and work
- Flexi Working
- Paid Company Sick Pay & Emergency Dependent Leave
- Living Wage Employer
- Bike to work scheme, among other benefits.
If you are looking for a new and rewarding role with an organisation that truly makes a difference apply today or contact Stacey at BS Social Care