Care Home Manager
Our client, a reputable care provider in Carmarthenshire, is looking for a fantastic Manager to work in their small, quiet elderly care home. Your role will be to manage a team of 18 staff members and to oversee the running of the home, which is home to 15 residents.
You will be involved in all aspects of running the care home including, but not exclusive to, care planning, medication ordering and auditing, training staff, appraisals, supervisions, health and safety, liaising with families and health care professionals and ensuring that all daily needs are met. You will promote and encourage independence, dignity and care.
The hours are flexible but will typically be 9am - 4pm, four or five days a week. The ideal candidate will have some flexibility and will be willing to work slightly different hours when necessary. Overtime is paid hourly. The role is largely office based however managers must be willing to work on the floor occasionally, when needed.
- To apply for this role, you must have either a QCF Level 4 or Level 5 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Ideally you will have experience of managing a care home however applicants who have been deputy managers or senior carers will be considered.
- You must be organised, have effective time-management skills and must be an excellent team player. You will be a confident communicator and you will be experienced in leading a team.
- A cheerful outlook and friendly manner is crucial for this role.
- The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure Barring and Service check, registered with the online update service. Although, this is not required for application. Being a driver with access to a vehicle is essential.
If you would like to use your skills in a way that can really make a difference to people`s lives then please, apply today! Or, if you would like some more information, you can call 02920 224 755 and ask for Mollie who will be happy to chat to you about the role.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!