Children's Residential Support Worker
Bala - Gwynedd
£23,812 - £24,936
We are currently looking for a Children's Residential Worker to work on a full time basis with one of the leading organisations for providing services for children that have emotional and behavioural difficulties in Bala, Gwynedd.
Your responsibilities within this role will be to ensure that a homely environment is always maintained and is sensitive to the needs of the children and young people within the home.
You will assist in the running of the home to meet the needs of the residents and ensure that the young person being cared for has as much responsibility for their own lives as possible and as appropriate.
You will ensure that any child or young person in crisis or stress is offered all appropriate support is provided, and assist other senior and management staff as required.
You will also maintain up to date professional knowledge by keeping up to date with training and reading materials.
The candidate that we are looking for;
- Flexible to work a range of shift patterns, such as days, nights and weekends
- Hold a full UK driving license with access to a vehicle
- Experience of working within a similar setting within Social Care
- Have a calm and empathetic demeanour
- Be happy and able to partake in a range of activities, such as; kayaking, go-karting, rock climbing and treasure hunts.
If you are looking for a new and exciting role that truly makes a difference to people's lives, please apply today!