Community Support Worker
Contract type and hours: 37.5 6months FTC
Department: South West (Bath) Outreach
Location: South West
South West Outreach is part of our clients Community Care & Support services. It provides support to Deaf and Deafblind adults with additional needs such as Mental Health, Physical and Learning Disabilities who live independently in their own homes. They're based in Bath but we support people in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Somerset and North Somerset
Every person using our service has their own history and their own aspirations for the future. That's why we're committed to support them draw up their own tailor-made programme of support based on their specific needs. This involves working with them to develop a person centred plan and having members of the team as key workers to give continued and specialist support.
This post is also subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- " Deliver a person centred service for the people that use our clients services.
- " To work with staff team to enhance, develop and maintain the potential of the people using our services.
- " Extend the opportunity for people who use our service to have improved/increased contact and citizenship within the wider community.
- " Work in partnership with people that use our services to encourage choice, participation and motivation whilst adhering to the values of the organisation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- " To encourage people who use our services to be involved in and take responsibility for the running of their own home.
- " To support people to use community facilities, promote a variety of social and leisure activities and to support people with their health needs.
- " To provide a stimulating environment where skills can be maintained and developed
- " To support people with their intellectual and social development according to each person's desires, abilities and needs.
- " To meet responsibilities of your post to ensure delivery of high quality services and continual improvement of the care and support we provide. These responsibilities are stated in the quality policies for care and support and the ISO Quality Management System Manual available internally.
- " To achieve stated objectives from their person centred plan, enable these individuals to be at the centre of their care package.
- " To contribute to effective communication with people who use our services, their relatives, friends, professional helpers and other members of staff.
- " To facilitate meetings to ensure the involvement of people who use our services in consultation and decision making.
- " To offer and support people with a range of new experiences & to encourage and support people to develop and pursue their own cultural interests.
- " To ensure the general well-being, safety and security of everyone who uses the service by continually assessing risk taking.
- " To abide by Care standards set by CQC.
- " To maintain high standards of health, safety and hygiene, ensure a clean and safe environment, support the people who use the service with their domestic responsibilities and personally undertake cleaning tasks as necessary.
- " To work within Health and Safety policies to support people with their awareness of health issues and support people as appropriate in taking and monitoring their medication and liaising with other health professionals.
- " To support and provide induction to new team members, relief workers or volunteers
- " To maintain written and computerised records & be involved in the development of service policies and procedures.
- " To assist with benefits, banking and budgeting issues for people who use our services and provide support as appropriate keeping financial records up to date.
If you think this is the job for you please apply