We are working in partnership with a client based in Yeovil, who are recruiting a Deputy Manager for their 39 bed nursing home.
The Deputy manager would take joint responsibility with the Registered Manager, for the day to day running of the Home. Promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to their physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs. Ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to their individual needs. Implement the requirements of CQC and the local authority in relation to Care Standards.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage the day to day running of the Care Team and all aspects of Care and manage the Home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- Be the main contact for information and advice concerning prospective residents, assessments, trial visits and admissions from next of kin and outside agencies.
- Following a full and in-depth assessment, decide if the Home can meet the dependency needs of the resident.
- Ensure that adequate arrangements for the introduction and reception of new residents are made.
- Liaise and maintain good working relationships with GPs, external professionals, Local Authority and CQC inspectors when required.
- Ensure that effective induction, supervisions and appraisals of staff are carried out in accordance with regulation.
- Delegate responsibilities to senior care staff in order to develop careers and improve efficiency of Home service provision.
- Take responsibility for the well-being of our residents including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met.
- Promote our residents' independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement.
- Carry out assessments to develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents.
- Deliver guidance to the Care Team, by leading, motivating and mentoring the team to ensure the safe and efficient running of the care home and enabling staff to develop through training and relevant qualification opportunities.
- Oversee monthly medication order.
- Maintain resident, medication and other records as appropriate and as per the Home policy, ensuring that accidents, incidents and safeguardings are reported, logged and updated and attend and represent the Home for all safeguarding meetings.
- Monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation.
- Ensure Care Team are reporting any serious incidents to the Clinical Lead and Registered Manager immediately and ensuring Health and Safety issues are dealt with promptly and all equipment is used correctly.
- Support the policies of the Home in Fire Prevention and Security Measures and attend fire training.
- Support the policies and procedures of the Home and attend appropriate courses to maintain individual nursing registration.
- Liaise with GPs and other external professionals as required and to be a point of contact for relatives and representatives.
- Carry out all care audits and ensure any areas of concern are escalated and referrals to be submitted when required.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, please apply today for consideration!