Deputy Nursery Manager
£9.50 - £10 p/h
We are working in partnership with a Penarth based nursery, who are in need of a Deputy Manager to assist with the running of the nursery. We are looking for someone who has supervisory experience or is currently a Deputy Manager.
- To manage the efficient day to day running of the nursery so that a first-class service is delivered to children, parents and staff at all times.
- To ensure the company`s high standards are met and exceeded by staff in all departments.
- The efficient and effective management of staff, ensuring that all staff functions are performed in line with the Nursery`s systems, policies, procedures and employee handbook and the culture is continually re-enforced.
- Participate in elements of delivering the company induction to new staff as directed by your manager, ensuring that they understand their roles and responsibilities in the business and are aware of the company`s policies and procedures.
- Carry out staff training and development as directed to ensure employees are skilled and productive in the shortest reasonable time frame.
- Carry out ongoing quality monitoring through constant observation.
- Carry out regular performance reviews and catch ups as directed.
- Conduct meetings in the manager`s absence or at the instruction of the manager.
- Participate in room, meetings and manager meetings.
- Identify and resolve any systemic staffing issues eg. poor staff morale, seeking support and guidance from your manager.
- Supervise and direct staff to provide a full and balanced programme of activities, paying due regard to the requirements of the correct curriculum and development needs of the children (planning).
- Consistently update performance logs so that accurate information about individual performance is maintained.
Please apply today if you would like to start an exciting new role!