Director Of Charity Business Development
Up to £43,000
We are working in partnership with a wonderful Cardiff based charity who are looking to fill a brand new role of a Director of Business Development and Partnerships.
The role will be directly contributing to the sustainability and growth of the charity by actively developing and overseeing all new and existing income generated for the organisation. The post holder will responsibility for developing strategies and business plans which will focus on income diversification, including major donors and commercial opportunities.
There will also be a need to ensure the organisation is well resourced to meet the challenges of the future, and deliver effective services in the present. This role would suit someone who has experience in fundraising and business development and who is used to working in a fast-paced environment.
This role is based in Cardiff, but there will be occasional requirements to travel across the region.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing strategic oversight and leading the development and implementation of an income and fundraising strategy.
- Strengthen existing relationships and building new relationships with major donors, universities, and high profile supporters.
- Providing support, leadership and direction for other staff as required.
- Monitor and report to the CEO on key aspects of the strategic plan
- Oversee the development and delivery of the charity's business plan.
- Contribute to the development of effective partnerships with national and local government.
- Develop the forecasting and financial planning of annual budgets with the CEO.
What we are looking for:
- Senior management experience
- Experience of leading and managing organisational change and development
- Relevant professional qualification or training (or equivalent learning from extensive experience)
- Experience of developing and managing budget plans
- Ability to plan and manage a complex workload, meet deadlines, and respond to unplanned demands.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills, and an ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations appropriately.
- Willingness to attend occasional evening meetings and weekend events.
What you'll get in return:
- 33 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Life Assurance
- Employee assistance program - Supporting health and well-being at home and at work.
- Flexi working
- Paid company sick pay and emergency dependent leave
If you are looking for a challenging, but extremely rewarding career with a wonderful charity, please apply today!