BS Social Care
Hostel Support Worker
Cardiff - Starting at £10 an hour, plus holiday entitlement on top!
BS Social Care are looking for experienced Hostel Support Worker's to work with housing organisations based in and around the Cardiff area. You will be working with people who are experiencing housing related crisis including threat of eviction or homelessness, are rough sleeping, or cannot return to accommodation.
Your role will be to support individuals with a range of issues, such as mental health, offending and substance misuse who require support with finding accommodation, accessing services/benefits and maintaining tenancies.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 6 months paid/hands on experience within the care sector within the last 12 months. Being a driver with access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential.
They will also have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. A DBS on the update service is desirable.
Benefits of working with us:
- Weekly pay
- Paid PAYE (We do not use umbrella companies - meaning you accrue holiday pay and no hidden fees)
- 24/7 contact with BS Social Care
- Pension scheme entitlement
- Double pay on Bank Holidays
- Separate holiday pay
- Flexible hours/days to fit around your commitments
- Working with dedicated consultants
- Temp to Perm and contract opportunities
- Contract Opportunities
- Access to specialist support through our Mental Health Advisors
- Online time sheets and payslips
- Free training provided and certificates provided - Manual handling, Medication, PBM and more!
To work with us, you will need:
- 6 months paid, hands-on experience OR recently undertaken training
- To be approachable, friendly, proactive and engage with the services users
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Desirable: DBS on the update service
Apply now or please call the branch on 02920 224755 and speak to Sheonagh for more information!